- ENVIROMENTAL . – Crown Pointe Marina has been designated a Virginia Clean Marina. Oil, oily water or raw / untreated sewage shall not be discharged into the water or on land. All vessels shall be subject to inspection at any time by the marina staff & other regulatory agencies to ensure that all sewage systems are Coast Guard approved and that all through-hull valves are properly sealed to prevent illegal dumping while in slip, marina harbor or anywhere on the marinas property. All sewage systems on vessels must be U.S. Coast Guard approved & must be locked off while the vessel is in a slip, marina harbor or marina property . No porta-potties are permitted on the docks or bathrooms & must be emptied at the sewage pump out station located on J – Dock . ( No transferring sewage over land ) All spills of gas , diesel, oil, or other hazardous materials must be reported immediately to the marina & all appropriate governmental authorities. Vessels may only be washed with biodegradable soaps , the amount of soap should be kept to a minimum. Removed paint chips, sanding debris, hazardous chemicals, including oil, engine coolant, hydraulic fluid, gasoline, diesel, paint & mineral spirits are prohibited from entering the waterway or surrounding grounds & may not be left where they are prone to leaking or spilling or exposed to rainwater. Proper disposal of all such sewage , oil products, paints & chemicals is the sole responsibility of the vessel owner . The marina office may be contacted for approved disposal sites. Only non-toxic & legal hull paint shall be applied to the bottom of a vessel.
2. Trash. – Garbage is not to be left on or around the docks or space in the dry storage area . It must be placed in a sealed trash bag & placed in the dumpsters provided. No oil products, paints , solvents, batteries or any other hazardous items are allowed in the trash. An oil recycling center for disposal of used oil & oil filters is provided outside the service center.
3. Noise.- Noise should be kept to a minimum at all times. Discretion in operating engines, generators, radios , televisions , as well as other sound producing devices & power equipment. Sound producing devices & power equipment should be used as not to create a nuisance or disturbance. No loud music or disturbances shall be allowed after 10:00 pm Except for entering and leaving the space.
4. Swimming & Fishing.- Swimming is prohibited ! swimming, diving and fishing are not permitted from the docks or finger pier. Crab pots, bait holding pens & traps must be limited to the vessel owner’s licensed space only .
5. Storage on docks & spaces. – Walkways shall be kept clear at all times. Only approved dock boxes & boat stairs are allowed on the docks. Only dock boxes properly identified & approved by marina manager may be installed in designated areas . Storage of all items must be confined in the dock box or the vessel & is not permitted on docks, finger piers, parking area, space ,ect. Any unattended hazardous or flammable materials or unapproved item found on a space , walkway or finger pier will be removed & disposed of at owner’s expense.
6. Parking & Motor vehicles. – Designated parking is expressly for the use of Crown Pointe Marina’s Customers, slip holders , & their guests. Violators will be towed at the owners sole risk & expense. Long term storage of vehicles in the parking lot is not permitted. Vehicles shall not be left in the same spot for more than three (3) days with without approval. Crown Pointe Marina does not warrant the availability or security of parking. The marina disclaims responsibility for vehicles parked in the parking lot & surrounding areas , including damages to, theft of or theft from vehicles. No overnight accommodations will be allowed in a trailer, recreational vehicle or other camping equipment on the marina property. Vessels are not to be parked in any parking area without written approval from the marina manager. Washing & maintenance of a vehicle or vessel is prohibited. Parking violations will receive one written warning , thereafter , a parking citation may be issued for each daily violation . Parking citations will be assessed at $35/day & will be included in monthly billing . The parking areas are often congested with pedestrians moving around. Please drive slowly through these areas to avoid accidents & injuries.
7. Cooking & campfires. – NO open fires, except in designated areas. No BBQ’s or cooking stoves are permitted on the docks in the marina or space on marina property. Only approved BBQ’s may be used onboard vessels while at the marina. There is a community gas BBQ in the marina common area adjacent to the marina office.
8. Fireworks. – Absolutely No fireworks of any kind may be used or stored on marina property.
9. Pets. – Pets are permitted only if they do not create a disturbance. All pets must be kept on a leash. All cats are to be kept on the vessel at all times. Pet owners are responsible to clean up debris left by their pets. Please walk your pet in the designated areas. Crown Pointe Marina reserves the right to bar any pet from the marina.
10. Vessel care & maintenance. – Owners may make minor alterations & repairs to their vessel itself but is prohibited from contracting a third party unless authorized by marina management. A contractor’s fee & insurance certificate will apply for all outside third party repairs on premises NO EXCEPTIONS. The performance of outside contractors must not interfere with the rights, privileges or safety of any person or property of boat yard . In no event may a owner perform or allow any repairs or maintenance which results in the release or discharge of any material onto the dock, water or land. Work items & debris shall not be left on or around work space. All vessels in dry storage will store all items in the vessel. Any items stored under the vessel will be disposed of & the marina will not be liable for loss of property. To ensure compliance with this rule, contact the marina office with any questions & do not engage in any major repair without written permission from the marina manager.
11. Swimming pool. – Swimming pool is for slip holders in good standing & paying customers only. A guest must be accompanied at all times by the slip holder, daily & summer passes are available in the office for non slip holders . Pool hours are 6:00 am – 10:00 pm. seven (7) days a week. Pool will be open on or before Memorial day & close on or after Labor day. Pool rules are posted in pool area & are considered as an addendum to this document. No lifeguard will be supplied by marina & all persons swim at their own risk.
12. Laundry. – Laundry shall not be hung exposed on vessel.
13. Electrical. – All electrical cords must be a marine type U.L. approved cord. ( NO EXTENSION CORDS ALLOWED ON THE DOCKS) Cords are not allowed to cross the top of walkways or finger piers. Alterations or modifications to any electrical outlet shore power or other is prohibited. Plugs must match the receptacle used. Absolutely No portable heaters of any kind are to be used on your vessel. For multiple infractions, please refer to item #21
14. Fuel. – Personal fueling of vessel (carrying fuel in gas cans etc.) is not allowed within the marina. Storage of gasoline, fuel, or other combustibles on the vessel or other spaces is strictly FORBIDDEN.
15. Children. – Children under twelve (12) years of age are not permitted on the docks without a parent or responsible adult in attendance. NON-SWIMMERS & YOUNG CHILDREN ARE REQUESTED TO WEAR LIFE JACLETS WHEN ON DOCKS OR WATERCRAFT PLATFORMS.
16. Commercial activity. – No commercial activity shall be conducted at the marina without the written approval of the marina manager. Commercial activities include, but are not limited to, rental or leasing boats , chartering of boats, & use of the marinas address, number of telephone or facsimile on a boat in any advertising, brochure, letterhead, business card, or other commercial document. No advertising or soliciting is permitted on the marina property. The display of “for sale” signs on a vessel is not permitted without approval from the marina manager.
17. Dock carts. – Dock carts are provided for your convenience. Please leave the cart in a clean condition and return them to the gangway after use.
18. Entering onto or trespassing upon. – Entering onto or trespassing upon any vessel or space reserved or occupied by any other person without the expressed permission of the vessel owner or marina management is strictly prohibited. Such intrusion or trespassing shall be grounds for IMMEDIATE EVICTION from the property of Crown Pointe Marina at the sole discretion of marina management.
19. No soliciting or scavenging. – No soliciting or scavenging is allowed in any area of the marina without permission in writing from the marina manager. This includes the scavenging and/or collection of cans, bottles, and other recyclable materials from any containers or areas within the marina property. Such actions shall be grounds for IMMEDIATE EVICTION from the marina at the sole discretion of the marina manager.
20. Dock lines. – Dock lines are to be either tied to a cleat or piling ONLY. Appropriate dock lines are to be used without frays & are to be the correct diameter for the vessel use on. Lines need to be adjusted for all tide levels that might occur on the regular tide schedule per year. The marina reserves the right to adjust lines & replace lines if there is any question to the safety of the vessel, dock , finger pier, and other boat owners possessions at the vessel owners expense & liability.
21. Monetary fines for rule violations. – Monetary fines for agreement or marina rule violation may be imposed by the marina manager. Written warnings or notices of agreement or marina rule violation will result in the following fines & charged to vessel owners account.
1st Violation – Warning. 2nd Violation – $100.00 fine. 3rd Violation – Termination of Agreement
22. Other. – These marina rules are subjected to change & may be amended from time to time as deemed necessary by the marina management.
23. Attention. – Please Notify the marina of any unsafe , unlawful or hazardous conditions that comes to your attention .